Have you signed up to join us at Rocky Ford, Colorado, on Feb. 24 yet? Be sure to sign up here to attend this informative and free soil health event!
The 2nd regional Colorado STAR event will be convened on Feb. 24, 2023, in Rocky Ford, Colorado, by Acres U.S.A. and the Colorado Department of Agriculture, with local host the West Otero Timpas Conservation District.
This event – Approaches to Soil Health and Water in the Lower Ark – will include sessions by soil health practitioners, program updates, and a panel discussion with local farmers and ranchers implementing new practices to support soil health.
Agenda and Speakers
Join us at 8 a.m. at the Agricultural Experiment Station at Rocky Ford, CO.
The agenda will include:
- Welcome – Lydia Lazar (Executive Director, Acres U.S.A.), Cindy Lair (Program Manager, CO Conservation Board)
- Water for Drought: Overview of the Water Situation / Climatology / Reservoirs – Kevin Rein (State Engineer, Colorado Dept. of Water Resources)
- New Scientific Perspectives and Practice Insights – Meagan Schipanski (Assoc. Professor, Soil and Crop Sciences, Colorado State University), Erik Wardle (Program Manager, Soil and Crop Sciences, Colorado State University), and Nick Colglazier (Executive Director, Colorado Corn Grower’s Association)
- Panel Discussion: The Nexus Between Soil Health and Water Quality and Quantity – moderated by Kenan Diker (Specialist, CDPHE)
- Practitioner Panel – with local producers Phillip Chavez, Dereck White Heckman, Joe Hilger, Riley May, and Eric Tucker
- Roundtable Discussions
- … and more!
Register today to attend this free event. Registration ahead of time is required to secure your spot and lunch choices. Sign up here!
More Soil Health Resources
- See photos from and learn about the first Colorado STAR event – which took place August 2022 in Monte Vista, Colorado, here.
- Learn more about the Colorado STAR program at the state website here.
- View the first of several soil health educational primers from Acres U.S.A. here.
- Stay up to date on the latest education in regenerative agriculture by signing up for the Acres U.S.A. email newsletter list here.