As a company that focuses on education, we know that different people learn in different ways. That’s why we have multiple opportunities for farmers, ranchers and growers to interact with our educational material – from books to events to online courses and more – and that includes our free resources as well!
Here are three different types of free resources we have available for farmers, ranchers and growers to learn about eco-agriculture:
1 – Reading Materials
The best thing about reading is that you can do it anywhere these days – on your phone, in the field, in your office – you name it. We have a number of free PDFs available to farmers on a variety of different topics. Download the PDF on your phone, print it out – whatever works best for you. Learn about:
- Kunekune Pigs: History and origin of the breed, plus breed characteristics, nutritional needs and more – in partnership with the American KuneKune Pig Society.
- Fulvic Acids: Definition, how they work on a cellular level, efficacy of applications and more – in partnership with Live Earth Products.
- Transitioning to Regenerative Agriculture: Soil health, business reasons, science and true stories – in partnership with Pacific Gro.
- Post-Harvest Fertilization Program Improvements: Rebuilding soil health after harvest – in partnership with Pacific Gro.
- Growing Hemp: Cultivate a healthy, sustainable hemp crop.
- And more!
2 – Video materials
Sometimes it’s helpful not only to read about a process, but to see it laid out. Video resources can transport you to the field or the laboratory without you having to move from your office. You can learn about:
- How to Grow Hemp Economically and Ecologically
- How Soil Health Impacts Global Security
- How Microbes Protect Plants – in partnership with microBIOMETER
- The Relationship Between Carbon and Soil – in partnership with Soil Works, LLC.
- And more!
3 – Audio Materials
If you want the best of both worlds – audio is the way to go. Part of the growing popularity of podcasts seems to be that you can take them anywhere with you, and they don’t require your eyes. Listen while walking your fields, driving, or waiting in line – whatever suits your schedule best. With Acres U.S.A.’s free audio resources, you can learn about:
- Tractor Time Podcast: In-depth interviews with experts, authors and farmers from around the world. Subscribe on iTunes, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts – or listen to episodes individually on our Tractor Time page at www.EcoFarmingDaily.com.
- FarmTogether Investing Podcast: Learn how farmland can become an investment tool – in partnership with FarmTogether.
- Correct the Cause Podcast: Get a head-start on common soil health problems with these quick-hitting 10-minute episodes – in partnership with Soil Works, LLC.
4 – Combination!
Why settle for one style when you could get multiple? Luckily we have a few resources to help you in this arena as well. Check out our:
New Farmer Appreciation Kit
To show our appreciation for young and beginning farmers, we put together a set of free downloadable audio resources and a free issue of Acres U.S.A. magazine to help you advance your education and pick up new methods for your farm. Learn more here.
Conventional Farmer Transition Starter Kit
This free kit is to help conventional farmers find a starting place as they transition their operations away from synthetic and toxic technology and into soil health and regenerative practices.
It includes audio lectures on cover crops, soil testing & soil fertility advice from farmers who have already transitioned their farms from toxic chemistry to more natural systems, like Gabe Brown and Klaas Marten.
As a bonus, enjoy a free April 2020 magazine issue (digital only) that features 100 pages to help you transition your farm, ranch, orchard or greenhouse to a more soil-health focused operation. Learn more here.