The New Organic Grower
In this newly revised and expanded edition of The New Organic Grower, master grower Eliot Coleman continues to present the simplest and most sustainable ways of growing top-quality organic vegetables. Coleman updates practical information on marketing the harvest, on small-scale equipment, and on farming and gardening for the long-term health of the soil. With more than 45,000 sold since 1989, The New Organic Grower has become a modern classic.
The new book is thoroughly updated, and includes all-new chapters such as:
- Farm-Generated Fertility―how to meet your soil-fertility needs from the resources of your own land, even if manure is not available.
- The Moveable Feast―how to construct home-garden and commercial-scale greenhouses that can be easily moved to benefit plants and avoid insect and disease build-up.
- The Winter Garden―how to plant, harvest, and sell hardy salad crops all winter long from unheated or minimally heated greenhouses.
- Pests―how to find "plant-positive" rather than "pest-negative" solutions by growing healthy, naturally resistant plants.
- The Information Resource―how and where to learn what you need to know to grow delicious organic vegetables, no matter where you live.
Written for the serious gardener or small market farmer, The New Organic Grower proves that, in terms of both efficiency and profitability, smaller can be better.
288 pages, softcover.
About Eliot Coleman
Eliot has over 50 years experience in all aspects of organic farming, including field vegetables, greenhouse vegetables, rotational grazing of cattle and sheep, and range poultry. In addition to The New Organic Grower, he is the author of Four-Season Harvest, and The Winter Harvest Handbook, as well as the instructional workshop DVD Year-Round Vegetable Production with Eliot Coleman. Coleman and his wife, Barbara Damrosch, presently operate a commercial year-round market garden, in addition to horticultural research projects, at Four Season Farm in Harborside, Maine.
Hear Eliot Coleman speak in person!
Eliot Coleman is one of the keynote speakers for the 2018 Eco-Ag Conference & Trade Show in Louisville, Kentucky, from Dec. 5-7. Eliot will present the evening keynote on Wednesday, Dec. 5, titled: 50 Years of the Organic Adventure: Promise and Reality.
Learn more about how you can attend the conference, and Eliot's presentation, here.