In just under two months, a lucky group of farmers will be walking through the fields of Otter Creek Organic Farm in Lone Rock, Wisconsin, beside two rockstars of the eco-farming world – Gary Zimmer and his daughter Leilani Zimmer Durand.
For the second year, Acres U.S.A. is partnering with Zimmer Ag to create a unique, educational, in-the-field experience with the On-Farm Intensive. This August 22-23 will feature an invaluable event for farmers who are interested in learning more about soil health, cover crop integration, perennial crops, and tactics for transitioning to sustainable farming practices. Sign up today!
What You’ll Learn on Gary Zimmer’s Farm
The On-Farm Intensive features two days of high quality education from the Father of Biological Farming, as well as several other expert speakers.
The agenda for Day One includes:
- Introduction to Biological Farming by Gary Zimmer
- Integrating the Right Cover Crops by Gary Zimmer and Karl Dallefeld of Prairie Creek Seed
- Carbon-Smart Farming by Leilani Zimmer Durand
- Perennial Crops by Gary Zimmer & Keefe Keeley of the Savanna Institute
- Soil Biology & Fertility by Gary Zimmer and Leilani Zimmer Durand
- … and more!
The agenda for Day two includes:
- Transitioning Your Farm by Gary Zimmer
- Field Learning: Machinery & Equipment by Gary Zimmer
- Testing Your Soil – Conventional Tests by Gary Zimmer & David Knaus
- Testing Your Soil – Evolving Practices by Gary Zimmer & David Knaus
- Organic Research Update by Erin Silva
- Economics of Running Your Farm System by Gary Zimmer & Leilani Zimmer Durand
- …. and more!
View the full agenda with descriptive details here and sign up for the event here. Find more overall information about the On-Farm event, including speaker bios, about the farm, travel tips, and more at OnFarm.AcresUSA.com.