The Salatins’ Polyface Farm is located outside the village of Swoope, Virginia, about 10 miles south of Staunton in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. Since the area is so rich in history and natural beauty, it is already a tourist destination for many. There are many hotels and campgrounds available within 15 minutes of the farm, see the lodging page on this website for more information.
Arriving by Air
Several airports are within easy driving distance of Polyface. Here they are, from closest to farthest:
Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport, Weyers Cave, Virginia, the closest to the farm, about 15 minutes to the north.
Charlottesville, Virginia, about 1 hour away.
Roanoke, Virginia, about 1-1/2 hours to the south.
Richmond, Virginia, about 2 to 2-1/4 hours away.
Washington Dulles Airport, about 2-1/2 to 3 hours away.
Renting a car is the best way to come from the airport to the farm.
Driving Directions to the Farm
Use this address 43 Pure Meadows Lane, Swoope, Virginia 24479 for GPS.
The following detailed directions will get you to the right place.
Located 8 miles southwest of Staunton, Virginia.
Farm distance from . . .
Waynesboro, 18 miles
Lexington, 25 miles
Harrisonburg, 30 miles
Charlottesville, 50 miles
Richmond, 110 miles
Washington, D.C., 150 miles
Directions from Interstate 81
- From I-81 take Exit 220 (puts you on 262).
- Take Middlebrook Ave/252 exit. Follow this to stop sign.
- Turn LEFT onto Middlebrook Road (252).
- Turn RIGHT onto Cedar Green Road (693).
- Turn LEFT onto Hebron Road (703). Go about a mile, you will see a brick church on your right.
- Turn LEFT onto Edson Creek Road (708). Go ½ mile.
- Turn RIGHT onto Glebe School Road (708); (this appears to be a Y, stay right). Stay right at 2nd Y. Go about 4 miles in total.
- Turn RIGHT onto Trimbles Mill Road (707). Go ¼ mile to first left.
- Turn LEFT onto Shuey Road (713), a gravel road. Follow for exactly 1 mile.
- Turn RIGHT at Polyface Farm sign (Pure Meadows Lane) and staff will direct you to parking.
For more information or questions, please call 1-800-355-5313 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need to cancel your Intensive Discovery Seminar registration, and are unable to switch dates, we encourage substitution. Changing, or transferring your registration can be done by contacting our office at email@example.com or 1-800-355-5313.
For a full refund, less a $180.00 processing fee, please contact us by July 3, 2020. Because there is limited space at the Polyface Farm's Intensive Discovery Seminars, your cancellation prevents others from attending. Accordingly, cancellations received after July 3, 2020 are entitled to a full refund, less $180.00 processing fee, ONLY if your spot can be filled. If we cannot fill your spot last minute, no refund will be issued.