This month, we’re thinking a lot about the process of transitioning from conventional to regenerative agriculture and improving regenerative practices. We all know it’s not an easy flip of the switch, but a years-long process of effort, dedication and learning.
Here is a list of resources for learning about that transition to regenerative agriculture, no matter if you’re just beginning to shift your operation, are already in the process, or looking to optimize your soil health even further.
Read Free Articles
Our EcoFarmingDaily.com website is a free resource for all kinds of in-depth articles, interviews and how-to’s on regenerative agriculture. Here are a few transition-specific articles to get started:
- Transitioning to Organic, Biological Farming by Gary Zimmer
- The Transitional Strategy – an excerpt from Restoration Agriculture by Mark Shepard
- Transitioning to Organic? You Don’t Have to Do it Alone – a column by Kristine Lang The Rodale Institute
Best Books on Transitioning Tactics
You can’t go wrong with any book on soil health, but here are a few choice titles from the Acres U.S.A. Bookstore to get you into the regenerative agriculture mindset:
- Advancing Biological Farming by Gary Zimmer – our Book of the Month and 20% off for the month of April
- Dirt to Soil by Gabe Brown
- Restoration Agriculture by Mark Shepard
- For the Love of Soil by Nicole Masters
- Eco-Farm by Charles Walters
Find even more inspiration among the Acres U.S.A. Published titles and our Soil Health Collection. Sign up for the Book of the Week email newsletter to get free chapter excerpts and weekly deals delivered straight to your inbox.
Read the December 2023 Issue
Our December 2023 Issue focuses on the theme of transitioning to Eco-Ag. It has already arrived in subscriber mailboxes, and is also available for individual purchase at our bookstore in both physical and digital formats.
- Faring the Dry Spring of 2023 by Gary Zimmer
- From Remedy to Problem by Dani Kusner & Dr. Nasha Winters
- The Climate Beneath Our Feet by Rob Lewis
- And More!
Advance at your own pace with an expert farmers as your instructor. Our courses at Eco-Ag U Online are curated for farmers, growers and ranchers interested in improving their yields and soil health. Check out the full roster of courses here, or get started with one of these:
- Biological Farming Short Course: Develop a Soil Testing System by Gary Zimmer
- Practical Permaculture and Agroforestry for Farmers by Mark Shepard
- A Grower’s Guide to Regenerative Hemp by Doug Fine